Nuclei provides Talkdesk customers with the ability to automatically export, enrich, and archive all communications taking place within Talkdesk, including:
- Call Recordings
- Call Recording Metadata
The integration is based on the Talkdesk Hybrid Cloud platform and the Talkdesk APIs which enable Nuclei to receive and archive Talkdesk call recordings and related metadata in real-time. To enable connectivity customers must complete the Talkdesk Hybrid Cloud configuration, and also install an archiving app from the Talkdesk AppConnect marketplace.
Afterwards, Nuclei will automatically receive and archive call recordings that take place in the customer's Talkdesk environment in real-time enabling archival and further processing in other 3rd party applications including the Smarsh Connected Archive.
- TalkDesk Enterprise
- TalkDesk Hybrid Cloud (custom storage guide)
- TalkDesk OAuth Client
The following types of TalkDesk events are supported for archiving:
- TalkDesk Call Recordings
- TalkDesk Voicemails
The following types of metadata are supported for each recording:
- Recording ID
- Call ID
- Created At
The following archiving destinations are supported for Talkdesk Archiving:
- Dell EMC SourceOne
- Micro Focus Digital Safe
- Smarsh Enterprise Archive
- Smarsh Professional Archive
- Veritas Enterprise Vault
- ZL Unified Archive
- Complete TalkDesk Hybrid Cloud configuration
- Create new TalkDesk OAuth Client
- Create new provisioning request with Nuclei
- Complete onboarding session to review configuration and downstream archiving requirements
Complete TalkDesk Hybrid Cloud configuration
To facilitate the automatic delivery of Talkdesk call recordings to Nuclei, you must configure "Hybrid Cloud", Talkdesk's customer storage solution for Amazon Wb Services (AWS):
Create new Talkdesk OAuth Client
To facilitate Nuclei access to the Talkdesk API, you must create and configure a new Talkdesk OAuth client:
- Login to Talkdesk Developers
- Select "New OAuth Client"
- Enter the following:
- OAuth client name: "Nuclei"
- Grant type: Check "Client credentials", "Refresh token", and "Authorization code"
- Select "Add scopes"
- Add the following scope configurations:
- Select "Add scopes"
- Select "Create"
- Select "Download" to download the OAuth client credentials
- Select "Download"
- Submit the OAuth client credentials to Nuclei
Create new provisioning request with Nuclei
- Browse to the Nuclei Help Center, and select "Submit a request"
- Select "Provisioning (Talkdesk)", and enter the following:
- Your Email Address
- Subject: Talkdesk Provisioning
- Archive Type
- Attachments (required: oauthclient.json file provided by Talkdesk)
- Select "Submit"
Afterwards, Nuclei will provision the new feed within 24 hours.
Utilization varies, and will depend on the downstream archive being used.
Example (Smarsh Professional Archive)
- Login to https://app.smarsh.com
- Select Search > New Search
- Select Content, and replace "All Content" with "Talkdesk"
- Select "Search"
- Select a Talkdesk conversation from the search results.
- Review chat messages.
For more information on the Smarsh Connected Archive, please visit Smarsh Central
- Create new deprovisioning request with Nuclei
For more information on Compliance Archiving for Talkdesk and for a demonstration of related capabilities please contact Nuclei's sales team at email@example.com.