Nuclei provides YouTube customers with the ability to automatically export, enrich, and archive all customer owned content published on YouTube, including:
- YouTube Videos
- YouTube Video Metadata
- YouTube Video Comments
The integration is based on the YouTube Data API, which enables Nuclei to access YouTube video metadata and archive YouTube video content in real-time. To enable connectivity customers must provide Nuclei with a list of the Channel IDs in scope using the following resource.
Once provisioned, the YouTube Data API automatically notifies Nuclei of all new channel activity as it occurs. Afterwards, YouTube videos and related metadata are automatically retrieved and are made available for archival and further processing in other 3rd party applications including the Smarsh Connected Archive.
- You are the owner of the YouTube Account
- You are the copyright owner of the videos being archived, or videos comply with requirements for "Fair Use".
- You have completed a new provisioning request and onboarding session with Nuclei
The following types of YouTube videos are supported for compliance archiving:
- Public videos (everyone can watch)
- Unlisted videos (anyone with the video link can watch)
Archiving of private videos is not supported at present.
The following types of metadata are supported for each YouTube Video:
- Channel ID
- Channel Title
- Video Description
- Video ID
- Video Publish Date
- Video Title
The following types of metadata are supported for each YouTube Video Comment:
- Comment Publish Date
- Comment Body Text
- Commenter Channel ID
- Commenter Channel Display Name
- Related Video ID
- Related Video Title
The following archiving destinations are supported for YouTube Archiving:
- Dell EMC SourceOne
- Micro Focus Digital Safe
- Smarsh Enterprise Archive
- Smarsh Professional Archive
- Veritas Enterprise Vault
- ZL Unified Archive
Quick Start Guide
- Create new provisioning request with Nuclei
- Complete onboarding session to review configuration and downstream archiving requirements.
Utilization varies, and will depend on the downstream archive being used.
Example (Smarsh Professional Archive)
- Login to https://app.smarsh.com
- Select Search > New Search
- Select Content, and replace "All Content" with "YouTube"
- Select "Search"
- Select a YouTube video from the search results.
- Replay video.
- Review video comments.
For more information on the Smarsh Connected Archive, please visit Smarsh Central
- Create new deprovisioning request with Nuclei
For more information on Compliance Archiving for YouTube and for a demonstration of related capabilities please contact Nuclei's sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.