Nuclei provides RingCentral customers with the ability to automatically export, enrich, and archive all voice communications taking place within RingCentral, including:
- Call Recordings
The integration is based on RingCentral Voice API which enables Nuclei to receive and archive RingCentral recordings and related metadata. To enable connectivity customers must install the Nuclei archiving app from the RingCentral App Gallery.
Afterwards, Nuclei will automatically retrieve and archive call recordings that take place in the customer's RingCentral environment enabling archival and further processing in other 3rd party applications including the Smarsh Connected Archive.
- Activation of Automatic Call Recording
- Use of supported RingCentral platform
- Installation of Nuclei archiving app (from App Gallery)
The following platforms are supported for Archiving:
- Alcatel Rainbow Office
- Atos Unify Office
- Avaya Cloud Office
- BT Cloud Work
- RingCentral for Symphony
- RingCentral mit ecotel
- RingCentral with Eastlink
- TELUS Business Connect
- Vodafone Business
The following types of events are supported for archiving:
- RingCentral Call Recordings
- RingCentral Voicemails
The following types of metadata are supported for each recording:
- Internal Type
- Last Modified Time
- Phone Number (To)
- Phone Number (From)
- Reason Description
- Session ID
- Start Time
- Telephony Session ID
The following archiving destinations are supported for RingCentral Archiving:
- Dell EMC SourceOne
- Global Relay Archive
- Micro Focus Digital Safe
- Mimecast Cloud Archive
- Proofpoint Enterprise Archive
- Smarsh Enterprise Archive
- Smarsh Professional Archive
- Veritas Enterprise Vault
- ZL Unified Archive
- Activate Automatic Call Recording
- Install archiving app from RingCentral App Gallery
- Complete onboarding session to review configuration and downstream archiving requirements
Activate call recording settings
The following configuration is required to ensure automatic call recording takes place:
- Login to the RingCentral online account
- Navigate to "Admin Portal > Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > General Settings > Call Recording"
- Under "Automatic Call Recording", toggle the switch to enable or disable the feature.
- If you enabled the feature, click "Yes" on the confirmation window.
- Click "Edit" under "Extensions to Record"
- Select the Extensions where Automatic Call Recording will be enabled
- Click "Save"
- Click "Save" to apply the changes.
Install archiving app
To facilitate the automatic retrieval of RingCentral call recordings, you must first install the Nuclei archiving app from the RingCentral App Gallery.
Utilization varies, and will depend on the downstream archive being used.
Example (Smarsh Professional Archive)
- Login to https://app.smarsh.com
- Select Search > New Search
- Select Content, and replace "All Content" with "RingCentral"
- Select "Search"
- Select a RingCentral conversation from the search results.
- Review call recording and call metadata.
For more information on the Smarsh Connected Archive, please visit Smarsh Central
- Create new deprovisioning request with Nuclei
For more information on Compliance Archiving for RingCentral and for a demonstration of related capabilities please contact Nuclei's sales team at email@example.com.